Just got this today or I would have posted it earlier. We lost my mother in law to Alzheimer’s in July of this year. Hug your family every day.
Each Year on September 21st is World Alzheimer’s Day.
I will start out with what IT’S NOT!
* IT’S NOT a day of Celebration!
* IT’S NOT a National or International Holiday!
* IT’S NOT a day for cookouts or Backyard Bar-B-Ques!
What it is, is a day to call AWARENESS to
* a Disease that has NO PREVENTION!
* a Disease that has NO WAY TO STOP the PROGRESSION!
* a Disease that has NO CURE!
I guess you can see why I don’t exactly call this a “Day to Celebrate.”
You will probably see a lot of photos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other Social Media of individuals wearing purple. It’s a way of calling awareness to a Horrendous Disease.
One of the strangest things about this disease is it doesn’t exactly cause people to die. According to the Alzheimer’s Association . . .
” Alzheimer’s disease leads…
View original post 278 more words
2 thoughts on “World Alzheimer’s Day”
It’s never easy… my Dad’s dementia is getting worse… it’s hard to watch
I’m so sorry for your loss–sending hugs–and thank you for these very helpful reminders.